GENERAL PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
Although resistant, to keep your jewellery shining and to avoid scratching it, we advise you to remove it before any activity that could damage it, subject it to shocks, or bring it into contact with water or chemicals such as perfume.
Moreover , to slow down the natural effect of oxidation, please do not expose your jewellery to intense heat, humidity or sudden thermal contrasts.
Finally, when you are not wearing it, keep your jewellery in its CIAUDANO jewel box, specially designed to protect it from humidity, dust, shocks and heat.
CARE OF GOLD, SILVER & PLATINUM JEWELLERY
If all jewellery oxidizes naturally, it is easy to reverse this process by cleaning it regularly. Our experts will guide you in caring for your rings, earrings, bracelets and pendants to restore their brilliance.
- If your jewellery is slightly oxidized, use lukewarm water and a soft cloth (or a chamois) to clean it by gently rubbing it. Use regular, non-circular movements. Finally, wipe it off just as gently with a soft cloth.
- If your jewellery is more ancient or very oxidized, it will require more maintenance. Also, special cleaning baths are recommended. All you have to do is soak your jewel in this liquid for about ten seconds, rinse it carefully with water and then dry it gently with a soft cloth (or chamois).
- If you do not wish to clean your jewel alone or if it is in too advanced a state of oxidation, do not hesitate to bring it to our boutique. Your jewel will be sent to our atelier where our craftsmen will take great care to clean it carefully. It will come back to you as sparkling as it was in the first days.
- For jewellery settled with diamonds, you can preserve their brilliance by cleaning them with clear water and a very soft brush, then wiping them with a soft cloth (or a chamois leather).
- For jewellery settled with other precious and fine gemstones, we recommend that you entrust us with their maintenance. Indeed, unlike diamonds, other gems are not as resistant and hard; they therefore require specific cleaning that does not risk damage them.
CARE OF PEARL JEWELLERY
Cultured pearls require special attention. Mother-of-pearl is an organic material, so it is very sensitive to temperature fluctuations, to all cosmetic products (soap, perfume…) and to shocks.
Wear them! Your pearls will keep their natural beauty and their resplendent colours by your side. Indeed, mother-of-pearl hydrates in contact with the air and your skin. Therefore, the best way to keep pearl jewellery is to wear it regularly.
For any special request concerning your jewellery care, please contact us.